Male hand holding smartphone. Businessman using laptop computer and digital tablet while working in the cafe. Mobile app or internet of things concepts. Modern lifestyle in digital age.
Can you answer “Yes” to any of the following:
- Have you been instructed to wire, send or ship money as soon as possible?
- Have you received a payment with instructions to send funds back?
- Have you been informed that you are the winner of a lottery that you did not enter?
- Have you been asked to pay money to receive a payment from another country?
- Did you respond to an e-mail requesting you to confirm, update or provide account information?
- Did you respond to an Internet pop-up or advertisement?
- Have you received a payment for an item you sold on the Internet?
If so, you may be a victim of identity theft or fraud, Citizens Alliance Bank suggests taking these steps to report it:
- Contact your local Citizens Alliance Bank location immediately or call (844)772-4258 and we will help guide you through the necessary steps to protect your account(s) and personal information. If you are calling after normal business hours, please leave a message with your phone number and someone will return your phone call the next business day.
- Contact your local police department to file a report.
- Contact one of the following major credit reporting agencies to place a fraud alert on your credit report.
- Keep documentation of your contacts and activities regarding the incident for future reference.