Working on the laptop with a nice view.
Can you answer “Yes” to any of the following:
- Have you been instructed to wire, send or ship money as soon as possible?
- Have you received a payment with instructions to send funds back?
- Have you been informed that you are the winner of a lottery that you did not enter?
- Have you been asked to pay money to receive a payment from another country?
- Did you respond to an e-mail requesting you to confirm, update or provide account information?
- Did you respond to an Internet pop-up or advertisement?
- Have you received a payment for an item you sold on the Internet?
If so, you may be a victim of identity theft or fraud, Citizens Alliance Bank suggests taking these steps to report it:
- Contact your local Citizens Alliance Bank location immediately or call (844)772-4258 and we will help guide you through the necessary steps to protect your account(s) and personal information. If you are calling after normal business hours, please leave a message with your phone number and someone will return your phone call the next business day.
- Contact your local police department to file a report.
- Contact one of the following major credit reporting agencies to place a fraud alert on your credit report.
- Keep documentation of your contacts and activities regarding the incident for future reference.